top of page

Transfer Student Admissions

Transfer Student

Transfer Students have attended a regionally, accredited institution since graduating from high school. In order to be admitted as a transfer applicant, you must:

  • Have a minimum of 18 college-level hours (excluding developmental courses– you must have completed college-level English and math course designed to fulfill general education requirement)

  • Have earned a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 on college-level courses, and

  • Be in good standing and eligible to return to the last college or university of attendance


What you need to get started

1. $20 application fee

Application fee waivers are not allowed. Application fees can be paid:

  • Online when submitting an application only

  • By mail with a money order or check

  • By credit card by calling the cashier's office (318) 274-2671 or (318) 274-2285

Please do not complete multiple applications for one semester or submit payment for more than one application.

2. Proof of immunization

3. Official transcript from EACH regionally, accredited institution attended, regardless if credits appear on another transcript. An official transcript is defined as one mailed directly from one institution to another. It bears the institution's seal, signature of the registrar, date of issuance, and is issued to Grambling State University – Office of Admissions. (Note: A sealed transcript issued to the student is not official; it must be issued to Grambling State University)

4. ACT or SAT test scores

Scores can be mailed to the Office of Admissions or faxed to 318-274-3292

If you have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 on college-level work and earned less than 18 semester hours of coursework (excluding developmental courses), you must meet the admission criteria for new first-time freshmen. NOTE: You will be admitted as a transfer student, but will be evaluated using the new freshman criteria.

All transfer coursework will appear on the GSU transcript.  Credit is given for courses, taken at a regionally accredited institution, in which a grade of “C” or better was earned.  The appropriate department head determines if an accepted course will be used toward a degree. The equivalence of a course taken at an institution within the Louisiana system is determined by the Board of Regents transfer articulation matrices, and Grambling State University.  All other course equivalencies are determined by the appropriate department head. We do not accept credits earned at institutions not regionally accredited.

NOTE: You can access the transfer articulation matrices that indicate the correlation of courses among Louisiana’s public colleges and universities by going to the Board of Regents website and viewing the Master Course Articulation Matrix.

bottom of page